Thursday, March 25, 2010

A day of peace

I am house sitting for a Mssnry family for about 4 days and they have a beautiful southern State style house and have about 4 cats that need to be taken care of.
The weather is beautiful today. A perfect day to give to God, a day of peacefulness. I ran with Lacey this morning through the park. I always enjoy spending time with her, she is dear to my heart. She and I often run together. Usually it is up in Rugova (the the valley between the mountains) but today we decided to do a shorter run. We have had our share of bounding experiences while running. We have been chased by dogs occasionally have to throw rocks to keep them away, and other times the dog is nice and just wants to run with us. One thing that bothers me a lot when we run is when everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, stares at us. They stare as if we look like we have 3 eyes, or 4 legs. I'm getting used to it now, but sometimes I just hate it and so I stare right back at them and give them funny faces, sometimes that helps but sometimes it makes it worse. Most often I just pretend they are not there. It's mostly men who do it. I often wonder what goes their minds when they look at us jogging through town. Perhaps I don't want to know.
So I am spending most of my day organizing my thoughts, praying about the future, reflecting on the past months here in Ksv. I have a little over a month left here and time has come for me to process returning to the States. I look forward to it in many ways, but in some ways it will be hard.
Pray for me today and this week as I process many thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment